I have so much to say that it’s honestly a bit overwhelming – as usual. Till I have some more time (which I should soon – see the note about pumping), here’s the quick and dirty:
- We successfully drove 550 miles each way from NC to Ohio with three toddlers. We stayed in a non-kid house for a week and all lived to tell the story, as did our friendship with the no-kid couple who graciously opened their house to us.
- We ended up ordering 20 lb. of ground beef, 20 lb. of chicken breasts and 20 rib eye steaks – our freezer is now stocked and ready for good eats.
- ETC had their first real beach visit. Toby hated it with a passion, Eleanor loved it, and Callista was pretty OK with it after a bit of getting used to.
- Toby has gotten his first and second haircut.
- I’ve decided to not chop my hair again, so I’m returning to the tried and true Curly Girl Method, only this time I’m armed with products that have gotten a few friends’ seals of approval instead of flying by the seat of my pants.
- Toddlers like sticky things. I broke out a sheet of contact paper today and blew their minds.
- I’m currently in a culinary/fashion/beauty/creative/reading/writing rut, but I’m trying to dig my way out of it. If I can do it without Pinterest, I’m awarding myself bonus points. I’m kinda over that site. Holy linky-click overload, batman!
- My book of the month (because it’s taking me that long) is Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin. I think I’ve been on chapter 4 for about a month. Ugh.
- Pumping – I think I’m done. Think. I’ve gone nearly a whole week since my last session, and breastfeeding on its own (down to twice daily now for all 3 kiddos, not including the occasional overnight or during-illness extras) has been working so far. I’m calling it a temporary separation from my pump, and I’m not quite ready to return it to Hygeia yet (and I’m way overdue for a Hygeia/Medela comparison review – remind me!), but I think we’re close. Whoa, nelly! I was down to two pumping sessions a day, so the biggest time release for me will be before bedtime, which can happen a whole hour sooner, give or take. Niiiiiiice.
Rapture! (Or bath time.)
I hit the flat greenway for my new shoes' inaugural 2 miles. My first mile was 9:57!
Happy canker work season, Charlotte.
I ran somewhere new today - the wicked hilly trails at Reedy Creek. Well, I "ran." The hills kicked my butt!
Happy group play without arguments or territory invasion - lasted approx. 6 minutes. #triplets
My body goals for 6 months of pregnancy & 2.5 years of #breastfeeding (when my 1st weaned) were focused on providing for my #triplets. Eating enough wasn't easy, so I didn't start scaling back or exercising until they were close to 2.5 years old. A year l
"I just want a leeeetle tiiiiiny piece of toast. Like this." The 3 y/o appetite is requesting a crumb.
OH, YEAH. You want summa dis? It's Alton Brown's Brussels sprouts wit pecans & cranberries. We'll see if Callista sings her #brusselsfroutsallday song. I know I am!
A penny per ride is a steal, but x3 means spending a long time hanging out in front of Harris Teeter. Good news, @baballance, ETC can now spell H-A-R-R-Y!
Yes, it's a gym selfie. Why? Because I'm celebrating! We started our 7-day trial at the Y today. ETC had a great time, & I ... Did things. 1.5 mi (half-assed, waiting for a problem with ETC) on the treadmill at the end of Gilmore Girls, then I investigate
Boom. 2 miles. Just me, my taser/flashlight, & the night/springtime creatures.
The greenway is getting GREEN! Yay, Spring!
Wishes! ✨ #tripletmom
It's a gloomy, rainy day outside, but it's bright & cheerful in the rec center!
I asked ETC to stop chasing each other & wait by the door so no one got hurt & we could FINALLY leave the house. This was how they interpreted my direction. Goofballs.
I need a new makeup bag, but I am 1. a terrible packer & 2. clueless to most things in the beauty world. This is my regular lineup. What kind of bag/container should I get?
ETC requested strawberry pancakes like Daniel Tiger has. It's been a loooong time since I made pancakes. The waffle iron is more forgiving of a shaky, uncoordinated hand.
My husband has a slight obsession with flashlights. Like, he refuses to count how many he has. I don't even know where he keeps them. ANYWAY. Today, he came home all giddy-like & presented me with a gift: a small pink flashlight. But wait! There's more. I
5K! My 3rd run this week! Only 2 short walking breaks (at 1.4 & 2.6)! Look at me, all athletic like!
It's still downloading, so ETC haven't tried it yet, but I'm excited for Endless Numbers (free!), new from the Endless Alphabet/Reader folks. Get on it, friends!