I have so much to say that it’s honestly a bit overwhelming – as usual. Till I have some more time (which I should soon – see the note about pumping), here’s the quick and dirty:
- We successfully drove 550 miles each way from NC to Ohio with three toddlers. We stayed in a non-kid house for a week and all lived to tell the story, as did our friendship with the no-kid couple who graciously opened their house to us.
- We ended up ordering 20 lb. of ground beef, 20 lb. of chicken breasts and 20 rib eye steaks – our freezer is now stocked and ready for good eats.
- ETC had their first real beach visit. Toby hated it with a passion, Eleanor loved it, and Callista was pretty OK with it after a bit of getting used to.
- Toby has gotten his first and second haircut.
- I’ve decided to not chop my hair again, so I’m returning to the tried and true Curly Girl Method, only this time I’m armed with products that have gotten a few friends’ seals of approval instead of flying by the seat of my pants.
- Toddlers like sticky things. I broke out a sheet of contact paper today and blew their minds.
- I’m currently in a culinary/fashion/beauty/creative/reading/writing rut, but I’m trying to dig my way out of it. If I can do it without Pinterest, I’m awarding myself bonus points. I’m kinda over that site. Holy linky-click overload, batman!
- My book of the month (because it’s taking me that long) is Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin. I think I’ve been on chapter 4 for about a month. Ugh.
- Pumping – I think I’m done. Think. I’ve gone nearly a whole week since my last session, and breastfeeding on its own (down to twice daily now for all 3 kiddos, not including the occasional overnight or during-illness extras) has been working so far. I’m calling it a temporary separation from my pump, and I’m not quite ready to return it to Hygeia yet (and I’m way overdue for a Hygeia/Medela comparison review – remind me!), but I think we’re close. Whoa, nelly! I was down to two pumping sessions a day, so the biggest time release for me will be before bedtime, which can happen a whole hour sooner, give or take. Niiiiiiice.
First dermabond is a baby book milestone, right? Toby is a tough guy. Minimal tears!
I'm starting book 67 of 2013, a book recommended by NPR. (I'm short on my 75-book goal. I don't count rereads toward my annual total, but for quantity's sake, I just might break my rule. Cheating? Maybe.)
They get first dibs. #triplets
I had to return 2 library books & accidentally left with another #LibraryHaul to go with the one at home. Oops. Can we say, "addicted?" ❤️
First movie theater experience: check plus plus plus!
Tea, obviously. (I meandered into World Market on Black Friday & ended up being one of the first 100 shoppers. Free mug, huzzah!)
"Come sit on my lap, Buddy!" #triplets #BFF
Real life. My amazing juggling act falters when I'm called to cuddle my sick babies. 2/3 are on the mend, but they're flanking me while I hold the third in my lap. Spot the piles of clean laundry! The forgotten toys! The stalled ornament hanging! The tote
They're impressed with the tree lights. ✨
I found the big-kid ragamuffins wandering the Christmas tree lot, thought they'd look cute in a photo. #latergram #triplets
I might give him a hard time for his Monica Geller approach to life (rubber gloves & perfectly positioned chairs), but Rob does a great job rigging up these lights. I just wonder how creative his swears will be this year.
Jammies, juice, popcorn & movie. Welcome to our weekend. Not pictured: frequent coloring breaks, fevers, occasional vomit & countless boogie wipes.
Before I take my sick self to bed, I have to share the pretty custom necklace I ordered from @meganluvsjewels! Ruby for me, aquamarine for Rob, & citrine for ETC. Merry Christmas to meeeee! #smallbusinesssaturday #smallbizsaturday
They always play like this. #liesalllies #triplets
This magic moment #triplets
I first held Eleanor 3 years ago today. Maybe I shouldn't continue writing about things that happened 3 years ago, but ETC's birthday & #PrematurityAwarenessMonth always make November a month of reflection for me. And to be honest, I still feel the effect
As a kid who sucked her thumb entirely too long, I find Callista's bed-only thumb-sucking habit encouraging. That doesn't mean I don't feel the warm fuzzies when she sneaks in a fix in my view when tired or sick, like today. A mild cold, a sleepy day, a c
"Everybody say, 'Cookies!'" #triplets