I have so much to say that it’s honestly a bit overwhelming – as usual. Till I have some more time (which I should soon – see the note about pumping), here’s the quick and dirty:
- We successfully drove 550 miles each way from NC to Ohio with three toddlers. We stayed in a non-kid house for a week and all lived to tell the story, as did our friendship with the no-kid couple who graciously opened their house to us.
- We ended up ordering 20 lb. of ground beef, 20 lb. of chicken breasts and 20 rib eye steaks – our freezer is now stocked and ready for good eats.
- ETC had their first real beach visit. Toby hated it with a passion, Eleanor loved it, and Callista was pretty OK with it after a bit of getting used to.
- Toby has gotten his first and second haircut.
- I’ve decided to not chop my hair again, so I’m returning to the tried and true Curly Girl Method, only this time I’m armed with products that have gotten a few friends’ seals of approval instead of flying by the seat of my pants.
- Toddlers like sticky things. I broke out a sheet of contact paper today and blew their minds.
- I’m currently in a culinary/fashion/beauty/creative/reading/writing rut, but I’m trying to dig my way out of it. If I can do it without Pinterest, I’m awarding myself bonus points. I’m kinda over that site. Holy linky-click overload, batman!
- My book of the month (because it’s taking me that long) is Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin. I think I’ve been on chapter 4 for about a month. Ugh.
- Pumping – I think I’m done. Think. I’ve gone nearly a whole week since my last session, and breastfeeding on its own (down to twice daily now for all 3 kiddos, not including the occasional overnight or during-illness extras) has been working so far. I’m calling it a temporary separation from my pump, and I’m not quite ready to return it to Hygeia yet (and I’m way overdue for a Hygeia/Medela comparison review – remind me!), but I think we’re close. Whoa, nelly! I was down to two pumping sessions a day, so the biggest time release for me will be before bedtime, which can happen a whole hour sooner, give or take. Niiiiiiice.