I have so much to say that it’s honestly a bit overwhelming – as usual. Till I have some more time (which I should soon – see the note about pumping), here’s the quick and dirty:
- We successfully drove 550 miles each way from NC to Ohio with three toddlers. We stayed in a non-kid house for a week and all lived to tell the story, as did our friendship with the no-kid couple who graciously opened their house to us.
- We ended up ordering 20 lb. of ground beef, 20 lb. of chicken breasts and 20 rib eye steaks – our freezer is now stocked and ready for good eats.
- ETC had their first real beach visit. Toby hated it with a passion, Eleanor loved it, and Callista was pretty OK with it after a bit of getting used to.
- Toby has gotten his first and second haircut.
- I’ve decided to not chop my hair again, so I’m returning to the tried and true Curly Girl Method, only this time I’m armed with products that have gotten a few friends’ seals of approval instead of flying by the seat of my pants.
- Toddlers like sticky things. I broke out a sheet of contact paper today and blew their minds.
- I’m currently in a culinary/fashion/beauty/creative/reading/writing rut, but I’m trying to dig my way out of it. If I can do it without Pinterest, I’m awarding myself bonus points. I’m kinda over that site. Holy linky-click overload, batman!
- My book of the month (because it’s taking me that long) is Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin. I think I’ve been on chapter 4 for about a month. Ugh.
- Pumping – I think I’m done. Think. I’ve gone nearly a whole week since my last session, and breastfeeding on its own (down to twice daily now for all 3 kiddos, not including the occasional overnight or during-illness extras) has been working so far. I’m calling it a temporary separation from my pump, and I’m not quite ready to return it to Hygeia yet (and I’m way overdue for a Hygeia/Medela comparison review – remind me!), but I think we’re close. Whoa, nelly! I was down to two pumping sessions a day, so the biggest time release for me will be before bedtime, which can happen a whole hour sooner, give or take. Niiiiiiice.
I need to get out of the dollar spot.
New Dollar Spot find!
until I tried to take a cuddling photo.
I got some quality post-nap cuddles today ...
One of my favorite ETC apps of all time - Letter School. Toby has gotten to Level 2, so the completed (shaded) letters now show what he actually drew. Proud mama!
Checkup day! ETC have been similarly sized & consistently staggered since their start, so I'm not sure why numbers like these are a surprise each time. Eleanor leapfrogged past Toby (she's not the peanut anymore!), though T did make a move up the WHO char
Kids & cats - what is it about cramming into tiny boxes? Meow!
Vomit. One victim, two occurrences, & ETC’s well check is in the morning. Ha!
I've done it! I've spent an obscene amount of money at Starbucks this year! ✨☕️
Callista, Toby, Eleanor! I'm impressed with those who were right! #tbt #triplets
Three years & a lifetime ago. I know who's who - do you? #tbt #triplets
Seasoned ground beef + shredded cheese + crescent rolls = homemade hot pockets. I sometimes come up with good ideas.
Quick blanket/yogurt break. It's sunny, but it isn't exactly warm! Don't tell ETC that. They're in denial - shivers & all! "Mom, this is FUN!!!!"
Hilton Head isn't exactly on the way home from Orlando, but ...
These craft caddies from Target's dollar spot are perfect for ETC's road trip lunches.
ETC & I had such a fun weekend getting in some quality time with Sarah & Ethel. Does it really have to end?
These kiddos. They're too much.